Nowadays the need to have Social Networks is a reality, since they are essential in any Digital Marketing strategy. The amount of data they provide us is innumerable, but are we really taking advantage of all the information that this data offers us?
Social Listening or Listening in Social Networks is the tactic that we must implement and that It will allow us to follow, analyze and respond to all interactions that occur on our brand and on our sector in Social Networks.
In this post we tell you everything you have to know about this tactic, which without a doubt will allow us to improve the company’s online strategy.
What is Social Listening?
Social Listening involves monitoring interactions and conversations, mentions and relevant ideas and topics that exist around our brand or sector actively, collecting all the information and data on the opinion of users about our brand and products or services we offer.
With Social Listening you get an overview of all these interactions, and serve to optimize our tactics within the Digital Marketing strategy.
It is also important to know that it is not only necessary to listen to what is being said about us, but also, it is crucial to pay attention to what our competition says and does and to be attentive to everything that is related to our brand.
We should not confuse it with Social Monitoring, which consists of recognizing the elements that are key as they appear on the networks, that is, it tells us what. While active listening tells us why.
Why is Social Listening important?
Social listening goes beyond answering the comments that our public makes to us on Social Networks.
Social Listening is a tactic that is based on taking advantage of the interactions that arise around us and that allow us to anticipate situations. In this way, a way of acting is established, that is, it allows us to establish the steps to follow so that our Digital Marketing strategy is truly effective.
According to the IabSpain Annual Social Media Study, a quarter of users on Social Media are inspired by the fact that brands are present on social media. And not only that, the main reason to start a conversation with this is customer service. Therefore, for this interaction to be perfect with our clients, we must know and understand everything about our audience.
The presence of our brand in networks is of vital importance, since if we do not know what our clients and potential clients say about our brand, how are we going to improve? How are we going to offer them what they need?
As we have mentioned before, through this technique we will be able to make the changes that will allow us to offer the best to our clients. In addition, they will serve us to have information about the improvements that we must implement to increase our sales on social networks.
More specifically, we leave you 7 advantages for which to start using Social Listening in your Digital Marketing strategy:
- ▶ Know and understand your consumers: This tactic allows us to approach the public, since our potential clients are present on Social Networks. We will be able to know the opinion of our consumers about our products and brand. Social Listening will allow us to identify our strengths and weaknesses, so that we can improve all aspects with which we are not satisfied.
- ▶ Improve customer service: in addition to getting to know our users and potential clients, thanks to Social Listening we will be able to be more attentive to what they request and demand, and thus, respond actively and immediately to comments. This will also allow us to anticipate possible crises.
- ▶ Anticipate possible crises: related to the previous advantage, through this action we will be prepared for possible problems, which may lead to a crisis. Listening Social Media, offers us a greater reaction time and action before these.
- ▶ Measure the performance of a campaign: Social Listening allows us to know the degree of acceptance of a certain campaign. In addition, it allows us to know the scope of our campaigns and if they are positive for the general reputation of the company or brand.
- ▶ Improve our product or service: By monitoring the comments of our users we can know the opinion they have about us and what we offer. So we can make modifications and improve to adapt 100% to what the public needs and wants.
- ▶ Monitor competition: What are my competitor’s weaknesses? What are your strengths? Social Listening can give us the answers we are looking for. By implementing this tactic in your Digital Marketing strategy you will be one step ahead, so that you will be able to differentiate yourself from your competition.
- ▶ Identify Influencers: With this social listening tactic you will identify those Influencers that may be useful for future campaigns. It is important that these influential people have the same values as our company or brand, in order to lean on them to reinforce your brand.
How to implement Social Listening?
As we have been telling you throughout the post, this tactic is not only based on active listening on our Social Networks. Social Listening requires that we carry out specific and strategic actions make it really effective.
There are various tools, both free and paid, that allow you to monitor your Social Networks, such as the ones discussed below:
▶ Google Alerts.
This specific tool allows you to choose topics of your interest, and that these generate alerts. You will be notified when an interaction or conversation is created around the chosen alert topic, which can be our brand, product or sector.
Identify key audiences for your brand, monitor them and evaluate conversations at the same time. In addition, you can extract reports that show you the topics that different audiences are talking about.
This tool identifies and analyzes purchasing intentions, consumer demographics, and trends that may affect our brand. Since it follows blogs, forums, mentions of the product and the sector. It also has a great ability to obtain feedback about the feeling that our brand generates in relation to customer service experiences.
We can filter and obtain data from blogs, news, reviews … up to two years ago, so we can analyze the presence and reputation of our company in networks, adapting our strategy based on the results.
It is clear that having an active presence and taking care of it on Social Networks is essential today.
Don’t forget that then you will have to have a team that analyzes the data and interprets the information. Subsequently, and taking into account the data obtained, it is necessary to create a good strategy to follow.
And now that you have the keys, are you going to implement the Social Listening tactic in your Digital Marketing strategy?
We hope you liked this post! Remember that at Neoattack we are specialists in the management of social networks and Community Management, so if you are looking to implement this strategy in a professional way, do not hesitate to contact us!