Listening to songs from Christmas have been anticipated during 2020 more than any other year, with 25 percent more reproductions of the main holiday themes since October in Spotify.
The contingency has had a clear effect of “refuge” of these songs in the face of uncertainty and that is why it detected in reported that since September an increase in the consumption of Christmas carols was perceived.
Although December has not yet arrived, Spotify users have already entered the Christmas mood and so far this year, they have listened to more than 6.5 billion minutes of Christmas songs around the world. Since the platform was launched in 2008, more than 37 billion Christmas music listeners have accumulated.
The playlist ‘Christmas Hits’ has been heard much more during the months of September and October compared to 2019. In fact, the 1 ′ most listened to Christmas songs on Spotify experienced a 25 percent increase in their reproductions in October.
In addition, although the consumption of Christmas music usually occurs every year during the weekends, the platform has detected a slight increase in listeners to this type of music from Monday to Friday.
Get your headphones and know the top 10 of the most listened to Christmas songs on Spotify.
- All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
- Last Christmas by Wham!
- Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas, by Michael Bublé
- Mistletoe by Justin Bieber
- Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms
- Holly Jolly Christmas, Michael Bublé
- Christmas is here, by Generación Escogida and Ozuna with Christian Nieves
- Rockin ‘Around The Christmas Tree, by Brenda Lee
- Merry Christmas, from José Feliciano
We recommend you: