Having a website is one of the first pieces that every entrepreneur seeks to place when launching their business in digital. Although there are other dissemination channels, starting with a web project plan is essential to grow in the long term.
Either to start or simply to refresh that web page that was already becoming obsolete, it is important that you have the basic notions when taking the step towards a seo-friendly and usable site in terms of design.
In this sense, you will need to have the support of professionals in different areas such as positioning or UX design. We know that at the beginning it can be costly to start with all this but, for example, Inboost Marketing is an SEO agency in Pamplona that can inspire you when taking the first steps.
For the moment, that you are here reading our magazine, we want to invite you to solve two key questions and take note of some creative ideas for your website (or that of your clients). Go for it!
1) Where do I get ideas for my website?
In the first place, and before even considering a final design, inspiration is more than necessary to take good ideas. Here we tell you some of the sectors that are in trend, business models that you could scale and templates for your website.
➽ Trending sectors
- Health & Beauty
- Fashion and trends
- Tax, investment and personal finance
- Consulting and digital marketing services
- Design, crafts
- Web and app development
- Entrepreneurship / self-employment / motivation
- Psychology / sexology / nutrition
- Maternity and family
- Tourism / eco tourism
- Current news
- Free downloads
- Other entertainment content
➽ Scalable business models
Scalable businesses are those that can reach more people without lowering the quality of the provision, whether of a physical product, digital or service. Therefore, it is interesting that you think of ideas for your website based on this type of business model.
In this sense, you can offer a product or service and, later, scale your business around training through the sale of info-products, the teaching of courses or events.
For instance: A traditional bakery goes digital to sell its products, and then opens face-to-face and online events to show its recipes.
Another form of scalability is to expand the buyer persona we are targeting by offering new lines of complementary products or services.
For instance: After offering web page design, we opened a new line for mobile application development.
➽ Favorite templates
There are many templates to develop your ideas for a website. It may be that you are going to launch a corporate service website with a blog, an online store with a shopping cart or a platform with user access.
In this sense, you will know that a CMS will make things easier for you. Working on Prestashop, Shopify, or WoCommerce for ecommerce, all great choices. But, in any case, WordPress is usually the most popular for all intents and purposes (yes, also with SEO in mind).
2) What SEO tricks to apply to my website?
Let’s call it tips, techniques, or best practices. Whatever your ideas for your website (new or redesigned), you should keep an eye on SEO to make things the best possible from the beginning (or as soon as possible).
In this sense, taking care of the UX design is also important in terms of positioning, since Google takes into account more than 200 indicators when evaluating the authority of a site. Among them, those that have to do with the user experience, such as CTR, bounce rate or the average time of each visit. Take note:
- Have natural backlinks. This helps to improve the assessment of these indicators, since the fact that a user comes to our site through an external link as a recommendation is valued by Google positively.
- Create content closely related to search intent. Something that helps decrease the bounce rate, as well as increase the average time per visit. This also indicates that the user is having a positive browsing experience that meets their expectations.
- Adapt design and texts to mobile browsing. Responsive web design and good copy help, where appropriate, to improve the rate of clicks on the page, so in addition to SEO it is highly recommended to apply persuasive writing techniques.
As we have seen in this post, trends in the digital market and the different business models that already work can lead the way. However, do not forget to let yourself be advised by the professionals and always stay well informed.
Taking your online business to another level means not rushing by starting the house from the roof. To do this, you have to strengthen the foundations by drawing inspiration from other ideas for web pages. Are you up for it? Do not leave without leaving us your comments.