The technological advance that we are experiencing in recent years is bringing with it new opportunities for companies. Knowing how to take advantage of them and adapt to the changes that occur in the market is vital for the survival of any business.
This is what is called digital transformation. To the integration of technology in all areas of a company, from finance to people organization, through advertising, sales, customer service, production or marketing.
Let’s talk about the latter and what role SEO plays in all this. Let’s see what an SEO positioning strategy for companies can contribute to the digitization process.
What is the importance of SEO in the Digital Age?
Consumer habits are changing. And that is something that all businesses must take into account when designing their marketing, sales, communication and any other strategies that involve direct relationship with the client.
A few years ago, when a person wanted to plan a vacation, they went to the nearest travel agency, the agent who was there offered them the different options that adjusted to their preferences and was the one who handled all the procedures.
Today, the majority of the population hires their vacations in a couple of clicks. They go to the search engine, enter the words “vacations in Valencia”, or any other similar, and get a list of agencies that offer customizable packages from which they can choose.
Those travel companies that have been digitized and have defined an adequate SEO strategy will be among the first results of that list. And, therefore, more likely to be chosen. In fact, a study by the European Commission on this matter says that 88% of the clicks that occur on a results page, such as Google’s, are made on the first 5 options.
Do you now understand the importance of SEO in digital transformation? SEO positioning has a significant impact on the sales of a business. And if this consumer trend continues, companies will have no alternative but to adapt.
SEO plays a key role in digitization, and contributes significantly to a business remaining competitive in the market by being visible to its audience.
➽ Key elements of an SEO strategy
And what does it mean to define a search engine positioning strategy? Although the ideal would be to have the help of an SEO expert who defines the strategy aligned to the needs and nature of the company, in general there are certain aspects to consider:
- Content of value. These attract the audience and future customers to a website. They should be focused on answering the main questions that consumers ask themselves.
- Keywords. They are essential in an SEO strategy. They must be included in the content, as well as in the web itself in meta-tags, in a strategic way to always be among the first positions of the search results.
- Local SEO. The digitization of companies does not imply disappearing from the offline world. In fact, the ideal would be to find the balance between both worlds. So developing such a strategy can help you get more local customers.
- Website speed (wpo). If a website doesn’t load at an adequate speed, Google will penalize it. Being attentive to the elements that favor this point is key to improving positioning.
- Responsive design. And finally, it is very important that the web can be seen and interact with it correctly from all devices.
The digital transformation has come to stay. Those companies that know how to adapt to change and stay alive will be the ones that continue to grow and help their customers.
By contrast, those who do not bet on new technologies and prefer to ignore this new digital horizon, will move away from their public and will become obsolete until they disappear.