How much to invest in the digital marketing of my company? This is one of the questions that sounds the most in the heads of freelancers and entrepreneurs, especially at the beginning of their entrepreneurial journey.
Here it is vitally important to know what is the best advertising investment in digital marketing so that they can continue to grow. The mistake that many make is investing, following the same steps that others do, without taking into account what their objectives are and many other factors that we will see below.
So, so that you do not fall into the same mistake, in this article you will learn how to invest in marketing and advertising wisely, as well as we will give you some tips so that your return on investment is positive.
Invest in marketing and advertising wisely
Marketing is very broad, so making an advertising investment in digital marketing is not an easy task. It will depend on the sector you are in, the specific objectives you want to achieve and, of course, the budget you start with.
Many invest in all channels to gain the more visibility the better, but they are not clear in which areas to invest. And, for example, it is not the same to invest in content marketing than in social media advertising.
➽ Investment in digital marketing: Channels
Depending on the needs of each business, there are some areas that may work better than others in your company. Let’s see which are the most relevant channels or areas in which you can make an investment in digital marketing:
The first strategy in which you should invest is in the design of your website. Remember that your site is your cover letter and in a few seconds your visitors must connect with your brand. Or, at the very least, they should have a professional and attractive image.
To have an optimized website, it must be fast, offer a good user experience, give visitors the information they need through intuitive and simple navigation. In addition, there must be a strategy that pursues the objective of increasing the conversions of your business.
After the design, the second thing that you should worry about is that users find you through Google in order to reach your products or services. For this, you must have an SEO professional or agency.
The starting point in this area will be to perform an SEO audit to analyze factors such as domain authority, links, organic traffic, and keywords.
Another important decision is to choose the main keyword for which you want to appear in the first positions of the search engine. Depending on its difficulty, you will have to decide what budget to allocate to a link building strategy. The rest of the keywords that interest you, you can position them with a content strategy on your blog.
- Advertising in Google Ads and social networks:
Google Ads and Facebook Ads are currently the most used advertising platforms. So which one to choose? Facebook Ads or Google Ads? Google Ads is very useful for short-term sales, while Facebook Ads is ideal for boosting your branding and attracting traffic.
Before investing in anyone, think carefully about what you want to achieve and how much you want to invest to achieve results in a short time.
This can become one of your most effective channels if you choose powerful email marketing software that suits your needs.
Everything will depend on the functionalities that the software offers: the number of shipments that each plan allows, the option of creating automated emails (based on a sales funnel), segmentations, having an intuitive and easy-to-use visual editor, statistics and reports to analyze the results.
- Social media management:
Choosing the social networks where you want to have a presence with your business is key to focus exclusively on those platforms and work your visibility there.
It is a job that requires the creation of attractive images that are in line with the brand, the development of copy in networks, interacting with the community and looking for the appropriate hashtags (especially on Instagram).
➽ Advertising investment in digital marketing: Criteria
After seeing which are the main channels in which to invest in digital marketing, it is time to make decisions and choose which or which will be beneficial to you to make your investment profitable.
Keep in mind that depending on the channel you choose, you must invest in tools to execute the strategies. In addition, sometimes you will need qualified personnel to develop specific marketing actions.
These are the criteria that you should take into account when choosing the best channels and making an advertising investment in smart digital marketing:
- Know your target audience in detail: Know what formats they like, which web pages they visit the most, on which social networks they have the most presence and what their tastes are. This will also be essential to segment audiences in Google Ads, Facebook Ads and in email marketing campaigns.
- Analyze your competition well: If it goes too far above you, it means that you are doing something wrong. Take advantage of the funnel hacking strategy to spy on your competition and discover what strategies are being effective for them.
- Do an SEO audit: It will serve to detect where the problem is and rebuild a strategy to achieve better results.
- Adjust the cost of advertising investment to your budget: If you don’t have a lot of budget at first, you will have to analyze which campaign is cheaper. For example, an email marketing strategy is more profitable than investing in social media ads.
- Measure campaign results: Choose a tool with which you can configure the criteria that you are interested in measuring. In email marketing it can be these: the open rate, the number of clicks, the conversion rate, the bounce rate or the number of unsubscriptions.
Finally, remember that for your investment in digital marketing to be profitable, the ROI (return on investment) must always be positive.
Tips to make your investment in digital marketing profitable
Many times, it is necessary to carry out different tests until you find the most profitable strategy for you and the one that gives the best conversion results.
So, to finish, we want to add some tips that can be very useful:
- Create strategies thinking about who your target is.
- Let yourself be helped by marketing professionals for the creation and development of strategies.
- Get fully involved with the marketing team. You better than anyone know your business.
- Don’t start the house with the roof; first make sure your web design is ready and then invest in SEO strategies, content, and finally, in advertising.
- Measuring your actions is very important to assess whether to continue down that path or not.
We hope that after reading this post, you have got an idea about what factors you should take into account before taking the step to make an advertising investment in digital marketing.
Each company has a budget (if you don’t know it yet, you must define it) and, depending on this and your objectives, make an advertising investment in digital marketing to optimize conversion rates.
Have you ever made an investment that has not been profitable for your business? Share your experience with us!