Have you been thinking about promoting third-party products or services on your blog for some time? Or do you want to start a niche page from scratch using affiliate links to increase your income?
We recently talked about how to create a blog to earn money, but today we want to focus on another attractive and very profitable formula to get benefits… We are referring to Amazon Affiliates!
Without a doubt, affiliate marketing is a profitable business route, but one that not everyone knows how to manage.
Therefore, in this post we will talk about how to do affiliate marketing on Amazon to generate passive income. Of course, you only need to have a website!
How to do affiliate marketing on Amazon Affiliates
Amazon Affiliates in an Amazon affiliate program. Like any other affiliate program, you sign up for their program to promote the products that interest you on your website or blog. And for every sale you make, you get a commission of up to 10%.
Remember that as in any affiliate system, the links generated by the system direct you to normal sales pages. The difference is that they have a tracker that analyzes the visits obtained by you.
➽ Before opening an Amazon Affiliate account…
Before opening an Amazon affiliate account, here are some questions to consider:
- You need to register: For this you must be of legal age. Then, once you complete the registration, you can create links to use on your blog or website.
- Have a website and have Amazon approve it: Be careful, not just any website is worth it. At least on your site there must be a minimum of content (15-20 posts) and these must be original and of quality. We understand by quality a review of a specific product that includes the user experience.
- Comply with its content policy: Amazon considers inappropriate and prohibited topics related to pornography, violence, discrimination, slander or that related to illegal activities.
➽ Other details for your marketing strategy on Amazon
In addition to these important aspects, there are other relevant factors to consider before marketing on Amazon:
1. How much can you earn?
Depending on the country and the type of product you want to promote, you will get a percentage or another. You can see a very clear table, with each percentage by country, here.
Note: The fashion category in Spain is the one that offers a higher percentage of commission, but that does not mean that it is the most beneficial for you. Think that if you promote a low cost item (that has a high commission) and generate an income of € 1 a day, is all the effort profitable? Therefore, we recommend that you do a keywrod research to identify which product to promote.
When faced with the million-dollar question that many ask about “how much can you earn,” we would say that it will depend on the traffic you receive, the type of website you have and the value of the product you sell. But, in addition to this, other factors such as these will influence:
2. Types of websites to earn money with Amazon Affiliates
If your goal is to sell Amazon products through affiliate links, these are the types of websites that best convert:
- Ecommerce: It is an online store where the user instead of buying on that website, there is a link that redirects them to Amazon to buy there. They just have to click on the CTA ‘buy’.
- Thematic pages: They are specialized pages on a subject that stand out because they generate user confidence. The downside is that being a more educational and informative content, you get a lot of traffic but few conversions. Here you could help yourself with a keyword research of sales-oriented words to boost your income.
- Recommendations sites: It is a website that seeks to generate trust, where reviews or product comparisons are made. Thus, before making the purchase, the user can inquire about the product. Within the content, you can put the affiliate link that interests you. Although here it would be debated whether it is better to be objective (and gain notoriety) or interested (and make your site profitable).
How to monetize affiliate marketing on Amazon
Taking all of the above into account, here are some actions and tips that we recommend for you to take advantage of your marketing strategy on Amazon:
➽ Looking for a niche with market share to exploit
When choosing your niche, it should be one on a topic that you like to talk about because in the long term it can be a handicap. But do not forget that it must also be profitable.
Do a study of the competition, see what products they offer and which are the affiliated sites of your competitors.
Our advice is that you choose a niche that gives you medium and long-term benefits and that you like the theme. Although you can also hire SEO copywriters to do that job for you.
➽ Analyze the best-selling items in your niche
One way to find out which are the best-selling products in your niche is through a tool called Jungle Scout.
Then, the next step will be to do a keyword research to get an idea of what are the keywords related to the products you have selected and to see the search volume. This step will be essential to choose the right ones and use them in your content.
➽ Attract traffic with the help of a keyword research
The visitors you receive want to seek opinions, reviews and comments about the products that interest them, but that they still do not dare to buy.
Your mission will be to use the right keywords to drive more traffic, create engaging content, and guide them for sale. To do this, you should focus on:
- Create reliable content.
- Opt for a powerful copy.
- Add attractive calls to action.
- Includes images with links.
➽ The value of an Amazon marketing agency
Those who sell on this platform with the help of a marketing agency, on Amazon will have a better chance of gaining visibility with their products. This means that more bloggers and influencers will want to promote their products to get a commission.
These agencies are a perfect choice for marketers who have no knowledge of seo and general marketing. And they need to boost their visibility.
Do you still have doubts about whether to join the Amazon affiliate program? As you can see, behind the affiliate marketing on Amazon there must be a very solid strategy that you must put together methodically. You must have a website with a domain, a hosting and create a content strategy to capture the attention of your visitors.
In addition, this strategy will not be worth anything if you do not work in a profitable niche or if you do not do keyword research to attract traffic and position yourself.
And you? How do you work with affiliate marketing on Amazon? What type of website have you set up to promote products?