-The evolution of traditional marketing to what we now know as digital marketing, is revolutionizing the business world. This is a reality that cannot be denied by anyone who has eyes to observe what happens.
Digital marketing still has a lot to discover, but what is clear is that it is an essential tool to maximize the objectives of any niche.
This, which is a truth that can be recognized by all of us, is also present in each and every one of the business sectors, so it cannot fail to be attended by anyone who is within the business sector.
Digital channel strategies must continue to be the foundation of any brand. For this same reason, in this post we are going to analyze in depth two of the concepts born in the business field thanks to the application of digital marketing; SEO and PPC.
SEO and PPC -> rival or complementary disciplines? Find out via @MadridNY
Click To Tweet
What is SEO?
Multiple universities have shown, through very diverse studies, that the usefulness of SEO strategies it is completely indisputable in the business arena. Now what is it?
Normally, it is tried that Google considers that a certain page has the sufficient quality like being shown between the first results of the searches.
SEO techniques usually revolve around the creation of content that is directly focused on improving the position in a natural or organic way. To do this, posts, content and articles are created that are capable of giving the site sufficient relevance to be shown among the first results.
SEO has another more technical and less creative side, through which optimizations are made so that web pages do not block resources from search engines.
Its main objective is to enhance the crawling, rendering and indexability of the website, as well as other factors that the user does not see as such, but do affect maximizing their experience on the web; improved loading speed, 404 error management, etc …
By appearing in the first positions, the traffic that enters the page is higher and, therefore, the possible economic benefits derived from it as well. The transformations (that is, purchases) and the publicity that the company obtains is the maximum possible.
What is PPC?
PPC-type campaigns or advertisements are sometimes called SEM, and can be carried out in different places. Precisely, the place where the advertisement is located is the one that marks the modality before which we find ourselves:
- Search. It is the best known variant of the existing ones, and it is located in search engines such as Google or Bing.
- Display (Banners). This is the typical typology of those that seek to appear on third-party websites through small, strategically placed advertisements. Here you can read more about types of banners.
- Mobile. It includes the entire set of strategies intended to appear inside mobile applications.
- Videos. Own ads from video publishing platforms. The case of the inclusion of ads on platforms such as YouTube is paradigmatic.
- Social networks. Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads and LinkedIn Ads open the door to the possibility of extending PPC strategies to social networks. It is the typology that has grown the most in recent years.
The main advantage of this type of strategy that is aimed at increasing traffic is clear; no excessive effort is required to gain visibility. You only need to pay the fees to appear in the different places, without the need to create content.
➽ Are SEO and PPC opposing disciplines or not?
After the presentation of the previous definitions, necessary to understand the question in depth, the time has come to specifically answer the question that we have posed in the title of the article.
From this point of view, we consider that the best way to approach the question is starting from the objectives. A) Yes:
- What is the goal of SEO strategies? It is clear, increase the traffic of a certain business website.
- And what is the purpose of PPC strategies? In the same way, it is intended to increase the traffic directed to a specific web page.
As we can see, the objective of both strategies is shared. Therefore, it can be said that these are disciplines that point in the same direction:
- SEO aims to place a web page in search engines by organically improving its content.
- The PPC aims to place itself in front of the eyes of potential customers by paying a certain amount of money.
On the other hand, the SEO strategy is a strategy where we will have long-term results, so thanks to PPC we can generate immediate traffic.Different people can be in charge of each task for the same website, using separate company resources, with divergent objectives.
However, due to how search engines work and the data (your website), which they use to evaluate your submissions to their search results pages, there is more interaction between the two marketing channels than we might think. Therefore, it is always advisable to create a team that carries out a joint SEO and PPC strategy.
In this sense, more and more entrepreneurs trust platforms such as Fiverr to find freelance experts in SEO, PPC and SEM that will give you the opportunity to directly and immediately improve the positioning of your website, clearly increasing your potential income.
The usefulness of SEO and PPC in the business environment
From what has been said up to this point, only one thing can be concluded; These are absolutely complementary disciplines that, when used well, greatly increase the benefits that a company can obtain:
- PPC strategies open the door to the possibility of achieving immediate positioning in those strategically chosen places.
- SEO-type strategies keep you in good stead in the long run.
Therefore, both results are enormously useful for companies that want to improve their results. And, in conclusion, SEO and PPC and, in general, all the value that can be generated by a team that works together the two strategies, is of extraordinary utility for all types of companies.
Staying strong against the competition means being attentive to changes and, above all, ready to take advantage of every opportunity for improvement that presents itself. You will do it?
The Entry Are SEO and PPC Rival or Complementary Disciplines? it was first published in Esfera Creativa.